Friday, November 27, 2009

Day 28

I'm very grateful for dates with my husband. We don't go often, and it's been even less often since Emma was born. We went out yesterday, thanks to Tina and Dustin who came through at the last minute. We owe you two!!

First, we went to lunch, neither one of us wanted much. We went here...

We each had 1/2 a sandwich, and Mike had soup I had a salad.

After lunch, we went to see New Moon here.

I liked it and so did Mike, until the end.

Oh and did I mention that while we were eating we bumped into this awesome man?


I guess President Eyring likes Paradise Bakery too.

The funny thing is that his wife was really familiar to me, and I haven't seen her much. Then I saw him. We sat in the booth behind him. Mike was back-to-back to him though he didn't know it. So I said, "Pst. Go get something and then look at the man in the red jacket on your way back!" When Mike got up to get something he looked back and stared. Too obvious. Silly guy.

The best part of our date wansn't seeing President Eyring though, it was spending 3 whole hours with my husband and not having to fight kids. We got to hold hands the whole movie. It was fabulous!

2 comments:

Celeste said...

That is awesome! I would love to see him in real life! But the date thing is awesome too! Jer and I need to go out more often. Did you like New Moon? I wish Jer would watch it with me. I told him yesterday, that I bought his present for me. Twilight. He He. At least I know I'll like my present!

Catherine said...

Yea for date night! I cherish that time with my hubby, too. Wade felt the same way about New Moon. He was pleased with it till the end. I'll call you later this week so I can hear more of what you thought of it. ;)