Wednesday, September 28, 2011

It's a good life!

Today's been a GREAT day, despite the things that could have made me mad, they just made me laugh. For example, I was talking to my mom on the phone while the kids ate their lunch, or so I thought, when I hung up and turned to the table, Emma was MIA. I looked in the living room for her and she had her diaper off and he wipes container open and was wiping her poopy bum! She hadn't left it all in the diaper, but had some smeared on her leg and some even got on my new carpet. Then she looks at me and smiles her sweet, innocent smile. Oh boy, was my reaction and oh Emma! Usually I would have yelled, but I didn't, go me!! I guess it's time to be REALLY serious about potty training now!

I've been feeling all kinds of gratful for things and people in my life, and I wanted to journal it. Here goes...

This guy has been moving a lot lately and I love it

I personally think it's the best part about being pregnant, feeling the baby move. I really like it when he kicks me back after I push on him!

Emma and Ethan love to build "ships" using couch cushions. They look like forts but they are ships that take them places.

The other day, Emma wanted to build a ship but Ethan didn't want to play in one. Instead of telling her no, he built her her very own ship!

What a nice brother.

Mike and Jake painted Emma's room Saturday and Emma wanted to help!
(luckily there was no paint out so there isn't any pain on that roller)
I love the room and can't wait to buy more girly things to put in there!
Thanks you two, and Dad, for all your hard work!
What can I say about this one?
WOW! He's just all kinds of funny and loving kindergarten.
He's been super helpful with Emma lately. When she wants something from him, he usually gives it to her with not much of a fight.
Then there's him...
I just gotta love him.
He really didn't want to paint Emma's room, but my doctor advised me that if there was someone else that could paint, to let them.
He got speakers for out TV and now we have surround sound and it's pretty cool. He had to order a different cable for the subwoofer but got that yesterday and hooked it up. Even the dumb shows I watch during the day sound better! Who knew?
More stuff-
*Emma's been reading to herself for a while now, not real words, but jabber and it's so funny to listen to her read. When I put her down for a nap, I can hear through the monitor her reading to herself, before and after her nap.
*It's fall which means that the air is cooler, I get to leave my windows open and make my power bill go down, the leaves are changing colors on the mountain and I can see that right out my front window, and I love all the smells that come with fall!
*Ethan LOVES kindergarten and as far as I know is doing well. He talks about his friends in his class and is learning a lot!
*For the last few months, on those nights that Mike is gone, Ethan and I have been playing a game or two after Emma goes to bed. It's been so much fun to have that one-on-one time with him again. The best was when he told me that he really likes playing games with me, just me and him.
*Emma isn't one to express affection to me all on her own, but the other day when I put her down for a nap, she looked at me and said, "I love you!" in her sweet little voice.
I have a lot to be grateful for and know that the Lord has blessed me with more than I deserve.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I am definitely impressed that Emma tried to change her own diaper and you didn't yell. I will try to remember your example next time that happens at our house. It made me happy to read this post - thanks for reminding me all of the things there are to be happy about. I hope you are feeling well!

Celeste said...

What a lot of great things to be thankful for!! You guys are the cutest family! How fun that you are adding another one to it :D