Monday, August 5, 2013

OP and Annie F Callister Family Reunion 2013

We've had A LOT going on lately, but I'm gonna start with the most recent.
This last weekend was my family reunion, my Great Grandpa and Grandma Callister and all their posterity in Blackfoot, ID.
It was fun!
By the time we got there, it was RAPIDS TIME! My mom used to talk about going down the rapids all the time and this was my kids' and Mike's first time going. (I stayed with Jackson this time so next time I'll go!)
Emma went with Mike and she loved it!
 However, when they got to where the rope was thrown out to them to come off the canal, they tipped and down they went! It was a scary 2 seconds until we saw Emma come up out of the water but Mike was still under. He had gotten under her and pushed her up. The look of terror on both their faces is something I don't think I'll forget. But, as she was coming out of the water and onto the shore, she said, "That was AWESOME!" and she went down again!
Ethan came down with Kristen and LOVED it too!
 See...all smiles!
 There she goes again! This time she stayed on Mike's lap. The second time, they went down on a different tube, one that wouldn't tip as easily!
 All smiles again!
 A picture of the rapids!
 Back at camp, there were water games. This one looked like fun! Put shaving cream on someone and have a kid spray them with a water gun to get all the shaving cream off. First to get all the shaving cream off, wins!
 The slip and slide looked fun too! Mike took a slide down it.
 Jackson just wanted Dad, wet and all!
 Jackson decided to take a go at the squirt gun...
 ...but soon found out that they hose was a better option!
 He wanted to take a slide down the slip and slide too, clothes and all!
 Dinner was yummy, but Jackson decided to just eat the cookie, frosting first, and got all messy.
 Ethan got a BIG plate of dessert. I think he ate more dessert than he did dinner!
 Then there was the big sling shot full of candy!
Ethan got salt water taffy...can you tell?
 Someone found a frog and it was passed along from kid to kid to kid to kid. Mike says someone really didn't want the frog to get loose and it got squished! (It wasn't one of my kids!)
 Day 2 started off with a 1K and a 5K! Everyone got a certificate of completion...Mike included! The winners got medals! Mike came in first in his age group and second overall!
 WooHoo! (Ethan photo bombed!)
 My kids are cute and we had so much fun!
 After 2 days of fun (3 for Ethan...he got to go early and spend a day at Bear World) it was time to head home!
 Jackson didn't sleep well or enough in the hotel and he crashed just after getting on I15 and didn't wake up until Layton!


2 comments:

Anne and Wayne said...

Such cute pictures, Karen. I'm glad that you came to the reunion and hope you all had fun.

Catherine said...

I am glad you went to the reunion, too. It was great to see your beautiful family there!