Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Wednesday...the last day!

Our last day in Hawaii was a long one! We checked out of our hotel and left for the day, our flight home wasn't until 9:00 pm so we had all day!
We decided to go check out Iolani Palace, where the Hawaiian Kings and Queens used to live. The only palace where kings and queens ruled that is on American soil. Sadly, I have no pictures from there because you can't take flashed pictures inside the palace. But if you google "Iolani Palace," you will see everything we saw and the colors are more vibrant than in the palace, for real.
There are some huge trees that Mike wanted a picture in front of, so here he is!
 After Iolani Palace, we went to lunch and a movie. The movie theater wasn't too far from the palace so we headed there to park and there was a Costco across the parking lot and that sounded yummy for lunch so as lame as it sounds, we went to Costco for lunch!
We saw "Captain Phillips" and it a great movie.
After the movie, we headed to the airport to return our rental car, check in, and get something for dinner. I was exhausted by the end of the day and all I wanted to do was sleep.
Our last picture in Hawaii...this trip!
I don't sleep well on planes so I took a Tylenol pm. I remember the fight attendants coming around with drinks and that's all. I didn't feel like I slept well at all, but when I woke up, I checked the status on how far out we were, and we were just over an hour from SLC. That means I got a good 3-4 hours of sleep. Well, not "good" but I slept. We landed at 6:40 am and I was glad to be home.  I missed my kids and was very anxious to see them. Mike got home, showered, dressed, and was off to work. I hung out and did load after load after load of laundry. Looking at all my laundry, I knew that that was the reason I do a small load every day so I don't have a TON to do all at once. It was overwhelming and made me cry...almost...maybe it was the sleep deprivation!
Hawaii, you were good to us! Thanks for the memories and thank you Mike for the awesome trip to celebrate a WONDERFUL 10 years together. Someday, Hawaii, we will return.
And a HUGE thanks to my parents for taking great care of our kids while we were gone!

No comments: