Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Disney World...day 1

A big thanks to my parents for a fabulous trip to Florida and Disney World last week! We Herrington's had so much fun and have some great memories of our trip and family time.
Here are the three of us on day one, our visit to the Magical Kingdom. (I guess it's really the four of us, huh?)Our first ride was the jungle cruise. I knew Ethan would love it due to his love of animals. Mike was so kind to let Ethan ride on his shoulders while in line!

Next, we hit Pirates...oh yeah! Mike was a little tired of carrying Ethan but Ethan wanted to be carried. My dad was so great to offer to let Ethan ride on his back while in line. (Not the whole time though, do you blame him? Ethan is nearing 40 pounds and can get quite heavy after just a few minutes.) Thanks Dad! And thanks to Mom for getting Ethan a pirate sword. After the ride, he saw the sword and cried, "All I want is a pirate sword!"

I'm not a huge fan of going around in circles, especially when I'm 6 months pregnant! I get sick on the tilt-a-whirl and the thought of the merry-go-round makes me sick too. Ethan wanted to go on the Dumbo ride and Isabel was so nice and said she'd go with him. What a great family I have!!
And last, but not least, here are me and my prince in front of a castle. My favorite princess is Sleeping Beauty, but her castle is in Disneyland, so Cinderella's castle just had to due!

Tune in later for our next two days...Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom!

4 comments:

Audrey said...

How FUN! I bet Ethan was in pure heaven!
Bummer you couldn't ride the rides though... but I am sure you still had a blast!
I keep meaning to tell you CONGRATS on this next one being a little lady! How VERY exciting! Girl names ARE hard but I bet you guys pick out a real cute one!
It is so crazy all the things you forget about the infant stage! We are experiencing a lot of those right now! Like the aches and pains of "feeding" them (i had to stop nursing already) and the blow outs, and how much they sleep!
Glad you got to take a fun trip before you are home bound for awhile! Ethan is going to be a GREAT big brother!

Janae&DonovanLott said...

I'm just glad that Mike gave me a ride on his shoulders too. But I am still a little miffed Dad and Mom didn't get me a sword like Ethan's. Maybe next time??

Unknown said...

That looks like such a great time!! Eathn must have ahd a blast!! I love seeing your prego belly too, way too cute!

Catherine said...

Ooh, I just love that picture of you and Mike in front of Cinderella's castle. What a cute couple! :) I'm glad it was a fun trip. I can't wait to see more pics!