Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A sandbox and Batman

About a month ago I had finally bugged Mike enough that he broke down, went to Home Depot, and bought some wood for a sandbox! Yeah, we finally have a sandbox. (I have been wanting one since we moved into our house almost 2 years ago. Mike did a great job putting the frame together and even found a guy that was giving sand away for FREE! Unfortunately, we could never get through to the guy and had to go buy our sand. After the frame was built, the weather turned cold and then we left to Florida. But Saturday was a great day and Mike found a truck to borrow, thanks Paul and Cami, and we got our sand. I think Ethan likes it, don't you?
Today we had playgroup in our backyard and all the three year olds loved the sandbox. Even the kids who were almost 2 loved it! It was a hit and I'm so glad that we finally have our sandbox!

The last time I got Ethan tennis shoes, I got him batman ones. (He had had spiderman but we couldn't find spiderman again.) Little did I know that his batman shoes came with a batman costume. A mask and a cape! Score! He loves it and asks to dress up like batman on a regular basis. The other day he just looked so cute that I had to take a picture of him.

4 comments:

Grandma Grace said...

A sandbox is a wonderful thing for kids, but they don't always keep the sand in the box. Love the batman costume.
GG

Anne and Wayne said...

That is one scary looking Batman.

Kristen said...

cool sandbox...we'll have to come over and check it out.

Janae&DonovanLott said...

I hope the sand stays outside. I have a love hate relationship with sandboxes.