Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Out with the old and in with the new...

...and I'm still not sure how I feel about it!
When we got married we got my grandparents' Lott old couch. I had wanted that counch since high school. It wasn't quite my style but it was big (8 feet long!) and comfy and free! It served us very well until just a few months ago. Nothing wrong with it, just when Mike and I would lounge to watch the dvr at night we both couldn't be as comfy as I would have liked. So when my grandpa Callister died and my parents were gracious to share their inheritance we decided to buy a bigger couch. It came today and it was a chore to get it. To get the old one in we took a window out (cracking it in the process) and then took the window out again (crack free!) to get the couch out last night. The movers and Mike figured out how to get the new couch in but I'm sure they cursed us when they left.
The old couch
The new couch
(it wouldn't all fit in the picture but you get the idea!)
I can't wait to watch some American Pickers while lounging tonight!!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

NICE!!

Stacie Lang said...

Super cute and I am sure the dark color wont show the dirt much :)

Christy said...

looks comfy!

Celeste said...

Gotta love free furniture from Grandparents! But your new couch is beautiful! Our basement is little, but we want a couch like that so bad! Maybe someday.

Unknown said...

I LOVE your couch! How fun!