Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 25

(No picture here)
But I have a lot of memoires of my childhood Thanksgivings that have come back to me this week. I've been trying to share them with Ethan and tell him what I did when I was his age. I'm very grateful for the fun memories that I have from those years and here are a few:
*driving in the suburban to Howe, ID
*staying at my grandparents' house
*the smell of the farm
*the cold air in Howe
*seeing Julie
*playing "Stacey and Kristen"
*the homemade candy-carmels (I still make them every year for my own benefit), pinoch ("poo candy"), divinity, Grandma's suckers
*super Jell-o
*playing trick-or-treat up and down the stairs at Grandma's
*riding the calves after Thanksgiving dinner
*dipping the homemade carmels, and the other fillings that I didn't eat and when the carmels were gone but there was still more chocolate, we'd dump in nuts and marshmallows from the kitchen
*reading Archies and watching TV after dinner in the living room
*puttin gon all the clothes I packed, almost, piling in the truck beds with the hay and Grandma's blankets, and heading up the mountain for our Christmas tree hunt
*eating vanilla wafers and drinking hot chocolate around the fire on the hunt
*piling back in the truck to head home!
*telling ghost stories with Zane
*playing "I've never" with David
*having a lot of fun with my cousins
*one time, I actually cried leaving Howe!
*having so much fun and getting to make all these memories!!

2 comments:

Anne and Wayne said...

I'm glad you have all those memories. I just wish your own children could have some of them from visits with their grandma and grandpa.

Unknown said...

Wow that sounds amazing:) How fun! I love your thankful posts:) You are such a great person Karen. And Rachael would love to come play again! She had so much fun! Ethan needs to come play at our house sometime too! :)