Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Not a fan...

I don't really like Halloween, I know you all think less of me now, but I do LOVE these two
and their dad.
So everything I do from the decorating to the trick-or-treating I do for them.
The Thursday before Halloween we had a mummy for dinner
(it's kind of hard to see so if you can't see it I'm not offended)
It's a meatloaf covered in cheese. It was pretty good.
For the first time in Ethan's life we carved pumpkins. Messy and not as much fun as I thought it would be for Ethan. But he was excited about the final product.
He designed his own, a cyclops, and I carved boring triangle eyes and boring mouths. I'm not that good so don't blow those pictures up too big.
So proud and excited for Halloween.
Mike's pumpkin was cool, he cheated and used a pattern.
Our ward had a carnival and trunk-or-treat Saturday afternoon, and I was glad it was then and not at 5 in the evening, it was pouring rain!!
Emma had a great time and ate a whole donut all by herself! I dunno where all those calories go she's still so so skinny. Lucky duck!
Ethan was a ninja and very proud of the moves he could do unside-down on the couch.
Pretty cool, huh?
Ethan wanted to go trick-or-treating with Meg, his cousin, so we headed to my parents' and met Meg there and they went and had lots of fun (the rain had stopped by then).
When I tried to get this picture, Emma squeezed right in between Meg and Ethan. I guess she wanted to be in the picture too.
Emma is still too young to go trick-or-treating, I have strong feelings about that I won't vent here, so she stayed with me and my parents. When trick-or-treaters came to the house Emma was very excited to see them. She was almost as excited to see them as she was to see the big bowl of candy the was pulled out every time the door bell rang. She got mad and yelled when the kids were gone and she didn't get a piece of candy. Silly girl!
We had a fun day and I hope you all did too!

No comments: