Monday, May 21, 2012

Life!


*I'm tired!
*I have a headache-probably because I'm so tired!
*My house looks like a tornado has come through...all the time! Toys, markers, crayons, paper, stickers everywhere...constantly!
*I hear, "I'm bored!" "He or she hit me, punched me pushed me, etc" all the time!
*Sunday is not a day of rest for me. I get myself and 3 kids ready and out the door and on time to church every week. I then have to entertain them and keep them quiet...all by myself!
*I am EXHAUSTED after sacrament meeting every Sunday!
*I have very tired arms by 2:00 pm every Sunday!
*I hardly see my husband during the week!
*Ethan is complaining because he has to teach the family home evening lesson and he doesn't know what to teach.
*My house may or may not get vacuumed or mopped every week!
*Ethan forgot his Star Wars hoodie at school Friday, the only day it was cold enough to need a hoodie!
But I wouldn't change one thing!
*I'm tired because Jackson waked up in the middle of the night, just to cuddle with me. Then he wakes up about 6:30 to eat and goes right back to sleep.
*My house has had Tornado Emma rip through, but she does leave fun pictures.
*Ethan and Emma are bored, because I've been ready for the day by breakfast and instead of turning on the TV, I suggest games, legos, crafts, etc to keep us busy and spend time together. They get over their boredom quickly!
*Because Jackson wakes up at 6:30 and then goes right back to sleep, it gives me a chance to read my scriptures in a quiet house.
*Mike is in the bishopric and I know the Lord has blessed me, him, our kids, and our family as a whole because of his service and dedication to the Lord and to our ward.
*I have a ton of stuff in my church bag to keep the kids quiet...they love it all!
*I love to listen to Ethan teach FHE because it shows me how much he has learned, wheather from me or his primary leaders.
*When my baby is napping during the day, I like to keep things quiet and spend time with Emma while Ethan's at school.
*Friday's weather turned around by the time school was out and Ethan is so excited to come home that the little things may be forgotten.

If I weren't tired, frustrated, or live in a semi-unclean home, it would mean that I wouldn't have
him


or her
 or him
 and without him
*my life would be boring.
*I wouldn't know the joy of being a wife and a mother
*I wouldn't have unconditional love from all 4 of the above
*My life wouldn't mean as much to me as it does right now!

3 comments:

Grandma Grace said...

Good job Karen.
GG

Aim said...

Great post, life is hard as a mom. You amaze me at church every Sunday!!

Bea said...

loved this post Karen! And you know what? I don't have to sit all by myself at church every single sunday but unfortunately Sundays are still not my favorite part of the week:) So you are amazing!!! Thank you for this post!