Monday, September 9, 2013

Ethan's birthday baptism

After moving to our new ward, even before moving in, we asked a few times if September baptisms would be the 7th. We were told YES! So we told Mike's parents to book plane tickets so they could be here for Ethan's special day. After tickets were booked, planning began, and excitement setting in, we were told that September's baptisms were not going to be the 7th. We talked to the bishop who talked to the stake president who agreed to let us baptize Ethan on his birthday, the 6th! We are very grateful for the sympathy (?) of our stake president in allowing us to have this special day!
Ethan and his dad, who baptized him!
 I jumped in cause I wanted a picture with Ethan too!
 A family shot
 (Ethan's favorite color is RED so I tried to pull some red in on everyone to show him how much we love him. When Emma is baptized, and if her favorite color is still pink, I may or may not make my boys wear a pink tie :))
Mike's mom is a great cake decorator so I asked if she would help me decorate Ethan's cake and give me some pointers in the process. I am super happy with how the cake turned out! Thank you so much, Patty!
 Happy birthday, dear Ethan...
 His wish is bound to come true. All those candles were blown right out.
 Continuing tradition, Ethan got scriptures as a baptism gift from Grandma and Grandpa Lott. (I got my first set from my Grandma and Grandpa Lott too)
 For YEARS Ethan has been asking for a surprise party. I've told him I can't tell him I'll give him one cause it wouldn't be a surprise. Guess what I did? I pulled one together!
I think he liked it.
The kids played pop the balloon to find the...something star wars...
 Darth Vader made an appearance, as a piñata!
 Unfortunately, as soon as he was hoisted, his helmet fell off so the kids didn't get to hit him. I grabbed handfuls of candy and threw them. Thankfully, we have a big unfinished basement and the room to do so.
All the kids got light sabers too.
Ethan decided to make the piñata a "costume"
Darth Ethan
 More Darth Ethan
 Darth Jackson
 Princess Darth Emma
I had a lot of fun. I cleaned up for 4 hours afterwards and didn't sit down to relax until 11 pm, but I guess I do what I do for my kids cause I love 'em, right? :)

No comments: