Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas party after Christmas party

Yesterday was Mike's work Christmas party and our ward Christmas party. The work party was at Costco, complete with a $150 cash card. However, that was at 7 AM! Too early for me and really too early for Ethan. But this is a new, important job for Mike so he went solo. After he got home, we piled in the car in our pj's and headed over to our ward Christmas party complete with breakfast, yummy breakfast. I was so hungry and ate more food for breakfast than I have eaten in a really long time. We had a short program on the meaning of Christmas then sang Christmas songs and when we sang "Here Comes Santa Clause," in walked Santa Clause. Ethan is afraid of Santa and won't go near him. Even after all the kids had left the building and when Santa walked past Ethan, Ethan came running to me crying. Some day he'll like Santa! It was a fun morning.
After Saturday chores, we headed to the mall to look for a new coat for Mike. We went to Mervyn's to find one, but they didn't have any in his size that we wanted to spend money on. He did find one at Burlington. I found a new dress at Down East. Normally I wouldn't pay full price, but hey Mike's grandparents send us money for Christmas and that's what I decided to do with mine. Mike bought his coat with his. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa LeDuc! We love our new stuff. And Ethan got a robot claw with some of his money. We'll take him shopping after Christmas to spend the rest.

11 comments:

Melissa said...

I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations! Im so happy for you guys!

Janae&DonovanLott said...

Jyllian doesn't like Santa either. Our ward Christmas party was last Friday. She wouldn't go near him. She just kept staring at him. I always loved getting money from Grandpa Lott. It was always a surprise to me.

B Flat Major said...

Hey, you sneaky girl! Congratulations on your baby!!! What is your due date?

P.S. Why are you buying dresses at DownEast that you are going to outgrow soon?

Catherine said...

Karen,
I just saw your pregnancy ticker and started crying. I can't tell you how happy I am for you and Mike! :) That's so funny that Ethan is so scared of Santa. Tomorrow, I'll post some pics of Emily and Jon on Santa's lap from our Ward Christmas Party...and they're both crying. It's hilarious!

Grandma Grace said...

Julie tried to get it out of you, silly girl. Congratulations. And hey, when they send money, spend it on something fun.
GG

Kristen said...

You are PREGNANT!!!!???? I can't believe you wouldn't even tell me. I am just so hurt ;) Sounds like you have busy with Christmas parties. See you soon.

El Jefe said...

Sneaky, sneaky.

Congratulations!

Megan said...

Congrats you guys!!!!!! I hope you are feeling good Karen!!

Chelle said...

Congratulations!! Love how you announced it!

Julie said...

Now we really are bosom cousins - pregnant together! I am so happy for you and Mike and Ethan. Hope you are feeling well.

Christy said...

Congratulations!! We are so excited for you!