Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Stupid paper carrier

For those of you who don't know, we have had a few inches, 8 or 9, of snow this week! We have been getting the paper and our carrier is an idiot! Whoever it is is throwing the paper in the middle of a snow covered lawn. I went to get the paper Sunday night, the night we celebrated Mike's birthday, and I did a dumb thing because I was carrying his cake in one hand and reaching with the other hand. I had to reach so far that I dropped the cake. I know though, had I not been carrying the cake, I would have fallen in the snow. Even when there isn't snow on the ground, our carrier does dumb things. The paper gets thrown behind tires of cars and then we can't find it and we run it over. One day, I couldn't find the paper no matter where I looked. It was under my car! Way under my car. So far, I only found it when I pulled out of the driveway. I have found my paper in my flowers too. I mean I know it's hard work to throw a paper but please try not to throw it in dumb places, like the middle of a snow covered lawn with 8 inches of snow!
I really am in a good mood today, who isn't? Tomorrow is Christmas! I just had to rant about that today, I feel much better!
Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Grandma Grace said...

We had a paper boy who was ALWAYS late. Every time I would call to complain they would tell me that I could get the paper later. I finally called and got a good representative. I told him I had complained many times and this was the last. If things didn't improve we were dropping our subscription. It has been good since then. But last year at Christmas this idiot put a note on our door telling us where to give a tip if we wanted. Not hardly.
GG

B Flat Major said...

If you call enough times and complain, a lot of times they will give you a discount. We had this problem and I complaine a bunch of times and it never got better, so I called and cancelled the paper. A few months later they called with a "please come back" rate that was super cheap (like $20 for a whole year or something) and they had fired the crummy carrier. If you gripe enough, sometimes you get your way!

Karen said...

I think I need to call and be mean and complain. But there is no way I would ever give the guy a tip! I'm with you, Aunt Grace!