Saturday, December 27, 2008

Wish me luck

Tomorrow I have to speak in church, agh! I really, really do not like speaking in church and never know how to get out of it. Well, actually, I got out of it last year because I was in Minnesota. But I didn't know how to get out of it this year. I am speaking on the 2009 mutual theme found in 1 Timothy 4:12, "be thou an example of the believers...." I am supposed to speak for 12 minutes, yah right. Last time I spoke, I spoke with Mike, and I think I was supposed to speak 12 minutes and I may have made it to 8 minutes. Mike is good to take up what time I didn't take. Do you think I need to call the bishop and ask him to make sure I don't speak last? I have my talk all done and I don't know what else to say, again, it may take me 7 or 8 minutes.
I just had to vent. But seriously, wish me luck!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Good Luck!!! I know you will do good! Luckily they normally let us girls go first ;-)

Grandma Grace said...

Oh Karen, you will do wonderfully or they wouldn't have made you the young women's president.
We had a lady in our ward who cried whenever she talked. Then because he husband was a VP at BYU they asked her to talk at women's conference. They practised with her for a month and she did fine. I didn't know but she had to write the talk and then they checked it. They even advised her on what to wear and her hair and make up. At least you don't have to go through all that.
GG

Audrey said...

I bet you did a GREAT job! Our Young Women's presidency spoke today in our ward too!
Just wanted to say CONGRATS! I was so excited when I saw your counter! (we have the same one)
How about you post on how you are feeling and when you are due and all that fun stuff?!?
YAY! Congrats to the Herrington's!