Sunday, March 29, 2009

Interesting...

I gave a lesson today on reverence and in my research (the lesson was needed so I made up my own lesson and didn't use the manual) I came across this quote by Boyd K. Packer he gave in a conference talk in 1991--

"The reverence we speak of does not equate with absolute silence. We must be tolerant of little babies, even an occasional outburst from a toddler being ushered out to keep him from disturbing the peace. Unless the father is on the stand, he should do the ushering."
(bold added for emphasis)
Boyd K. Packer, “Reverence Invites Revelation,” Ensign, Nov 1991, 21

3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, I like that. The only problem is, I think Jef likes to usher a little too much. He and Jono go out and never come back...

Grandma Grace said...

I will never forget the time we went to Homecoming spectatular with your mom. Tom Perry was sitting in front of us. His daughter-in-law took the baby to the top and stood with it. He got up and took the baby from her and stayed with her. It impressed me.
GG

Unknown said...

LOL, I love that, I may print it and put it on top of Joe's Sunday things :D