Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmastime at the Herrington's

Last week while Mike was at the BYU football game, Ethan and I needed something to do. So we got out the Christmas decorations and decorated for Christmas.
Here are our stockings.
My cousin, Carolynn, makes these with her knitting machine. (She is making Emma's as we speak and yes, I know I need an extra hook for hers. I usually hang them on the railing but thought this would be fun until we get Emma's.)
Ethan helped me decorate the tree. He did a great job. I told him I'd put stuff up high and he could do the stuff down where he could reach. He's such a good helper.
I just couldn't pass this cute picture up...it maybe the picture we use on our Christmas card this year, if I get around to making them (see my last post).
Tonight was our ward Christmas party and we had a surprise visitor, Santa! Ethan cried when Santa walked into the room last year, and Santa was all the way across the room. This year one of the young women took Ethan to see Santa. They didn't get far because she brought him back to me. I took him and that didn't last long either. However, when we were just about ready to leave, he saw kids with candy canes and wanted one. I told him that he had to go see Santa to get one. He said, "Okay!" We stood in line, again, and got almost to Santa when I noticed he was fidgeting with his hands and almost shaking. I pointed out his friends who were having their picture taken with Santa and that it was fine. When it was Ethan's turn, he walked up to Santa and Santa pulled him up on his knee. It was cute. He then asked Ethan what he wanted for Christmas and gave him a candy cane.
I think Ethan was a little scared still because he wouldn't look at the camera. So this is what I got...
Merry Christmastime!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love christmas too! The ward party was fun! I thought for sure rach would be scared too. but once he said her name she was ok :) I love the pictures of the baby! She is such a sweetie!

Julie said...

That is a really good picture of the kids. I hope I get a card, but I won't be mad at you if I don't because I want you to have a fun and relaxing Christmas. I think it is awesome that we both hung up stocking pictures and I didn't even check your blog before I put mine up, so that means it was just our kindred spirit vibe.