Monday, February 15, 2010

Pink and yellow to honor Rachel and Rebecca

My best friend from high school lost her two youngest girls this last week. To honor them, we all wore pink and yellow, thier favorite colors, Sunday to church.

(oops, my fault you can't quite see Ethan's yellow tie!)

I asked Mike to wear a yellow tie because I didn't think he had a pink tie, but he pulled out his Valentie's Day tie that had pink on it!
We will definetely miss Rachel and Rebecca, especially because Rebecca and Ethan had an arranged marriage. I guess he'll have to wait for her.
Love you both!

4 comments:

Grandma Grace said...

I understood that it was Brenda's little girls that died in their home. What an awful thing to have to go through. Can you imagine having your family cut by half?
GG

Celeste said...

Oh, Emma's little hand on Ethan's shoulder. So sweet. You guys are so cute! Brenda is so dang tough! She inspires me! Did you go to the funeral? I heard it was so good. Those little girls will sure be missed!

Julie said...

I've been thinking of Brenda and her family lately too, of course, and of you because I know you are close to her. What a good idea and a sweet tribute to her girls. You are a great friend.

B Flat Major said...

Love this. You are awesome friends. Rebecca and Ethan's marriage will have to wait, it's true. I'm glad to have you in my life.