Friday, April 23, 2010

Outside fun

I have always loved spring. Flowers popping up, green grass, snow melting, and the warmer weather. Last weekend was so perfect that the kids and I couldn't not take advantage of the nice weather. We headed out to the swing set for Emma's first time in our infant swing.
I'm pretty sure she liked it, don't you agree?
Both kids love the swings.
We got to uncover the sandbox and play in that for the first time since the weather turned warm.
And Emma discovered rocks and the dirt....mmmmm!
(thank goodness for spray and wash)
Emma loves being outside so much that when we come inside, this is how I find her just seconds later.
This picture was actually taken today after running a short errand. It was too cold to play outside but she still wanted to go out. After dinner we all put on our jackets, put Emma in the stroller with a blanket and went for a walk.
Emma has always loved the outdoors. When she was a newborn and was fussy, I'd put her in the Baby Bjorn and we'd head out for a walk. She'd calm right down. I can tell we will be spending a lot of time outside this spring and summer...I can't wait!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Love, love, love Emma's face in the swing picture.

Catherine said...

What a classic picture of both kids in the swings. That one will be in their wedding video for sure. ; ) Springtime makes me happy, too. Ethan's digger is the coolest. What a great neighbor!

Celeste said...

I don't blame her! I love being outside too! I love the pictures! What cuties.

B Flat Major said...

Emma with her face pressed up against the window reminds me of those old Mervyn's commercials: "Open, open, open!!"