Friday, April 23, 2010

Remember this?

This was found on our front porch when we were gone at Christmas time. There was no tag, no one told us they wanted to make a digger for Ethan. It just showed up. My dad told me all about it when I talked to him on the phone just days after he and my mom took it into our house. Of course the first thought that crossed my mind was, "My dad made it!" Nope, I asked him and that's what he said. My mom denied it too.
We had our friends over for pizza one night and they suggested maybe our next door neighbor made it for Ethan cause he does lots of stuff like this in his garage. We never got around to asking him, until Sunday. We were playing in the backyard. Mike was teaching Ethan some soccer and Mike kicked the soccer ball over the fence. He had to go ask to get into the backyard to get the ball back, and took this opportunity to ask about the digger Ethan loves so much. (We just wanted to thank whoever made it because it's so cool and so loved!) Well, when Mike asked our neighbor he said no as he was nodding his head. (I know this makes sense to you, Angie, but only if we were in Bulgaria :)) It was supposed to be a secret, but we just love it and will have bucket loads of fun with it this summer!
Thanks neighbor!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Maybe he is Bulgarian and he's never grown out of that weird custom. It took me a while to get over it and back to the regular nodding yes and shaking no.
Or he could have just been the nice one who made you a fun gift! Nice neighbor!

Anne and Wayne said...

I'm glad you found out who made it, Karen. It is a fun toy. Oh, and I love your new big picture at the top of your blog.

Kristen said...

That is seriously so awesome.