Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Kindergarten

Who's excited for Kindergarten?

This kid!

And this one too!
Ethan was very excited for his first day of kindergarten today. He was ready to go yesterday and last night. He got a blessing from his dad, it may have been more for me than for him. His shower was very long and when I asked him if he needed help with his hair, he told me no, he was just washing everything twice so he'd be nice and clean for kindergarten. He went to bed excited and woke up earlier than he usually does, and he didn't have school until this afternoon!
To celebrate the first day of school, he choose what to have for breakfast and then we went to pick up some McDonald's for lunch. He chose dinner too, chili on chips.
After dropping him off, Emma and I came home so she could take a nap and I don't know what I'm going to do for more than 2 more hours until it's time to go get him! I need to iron, I just don't want to! I think Emma was a little concerned when we got him because she said, sadly, that "Ethan's gone!"j
I know he's going to love school and meet new friends, I do think it's not fair that there are 3 kids in our ward that are in the same class and that Ethan's friend from our last ward is in that class too! But hopefully they will play and have fun with each other at recess.

5 comments:

Julie said...

I love that he washed off twice for school! That is so funny. I hope he has lots of fun and that you and Emma enjoy your special alone time together before the baby comes. You are a great mom, with great kids!

Grandma Grace said...

He does look very excited. Love the family picture.
GG

Celeste said...

He's so cute! Logan was the same as him! So excited! It's so fun to watch them be "big kids" ;)

Grandma Grace said...

Love the new "back to school" picture.
GG

Unknown said...

Wow, I can't believe he is already in school! Cute pics! And I love that he needed to wash twice for school.