Thursday, October 24, 2013

Saturday

Saturday we headed out to the Dole Pineapple Plantation. I heard it was fun, I heard it was so-so, but I LOVED it! I love pineapple and pineapples and I was really looking forward to going. I totally recommend going if you are on Oahu!
Ta-da! A GIANT pineapple that we got to climb into!
 We went on the Pineapple Express train tour of the plantation. Cool stuff. Did you know that pineapples are not native to Hawaii? They are imports from South America.
 I couldn't get a fun picture of us so Mike took this beaut!
 More pineapple fun

 Check out the tiny pineapple. I think it's cute!
 A random, pretty flower we came across-LOTS of them in Hawaii
 After the train ride, we went through the largest maze in the world! At the plantation. It was cool and fun.
After, we just had to get pineapple ice cream.
Delicious
 I got a pineapple float. Pineapple juice with pineapple ice cream.
(now I want more!)
 After the plantation, we headed to the North Shore to see it. It's beautiful!
 We got there just before sunset
 We also ran into sea turtles basking in the sun
 Sun setting behind the turtle

 There she goes
 It was very romantic and relaxing to walk the beach with Mike so we just HAD to have someone take our picture
 Another fun day in Hawaii!

No comments: