Saturday, October 26, 2013

Sunday

I had a GREAT time in Hawaii, who wouldn't to be in paradise where it's so pretty and with your eternal companion? However, Sunday was probably the hardest day for me. It started when we got to church and I sat down with no kids, no bag with snacks and toys and stickers (my kids' favorite!). I know, I should be in heaven, right, well, I missed my kids like crazy. But the ward was awesome, great speakers in sacrament meeting, gospel doctrine was awesome, and the spirit and love from the sisters in relief society was overwhelming. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and that it doesn't matter where you go in the world, there is a ward there that teaches the same principles, the spirit is the same, and the love of the members is felt.
That being said, after church, we ate something, leftovers from a huge dinner at the Cheesecake Factory Saturday night, then we went on a drive to see more of the beauty of Hawaii.
This was one of our first stops. The waves are indescribable and the colors are just the right pop of color.
 Mike on the beach!
 There are birds EVERYWHERE in Hawaii...right next to you if you aren't watching closely, and they are interesting and some I have never seen before. I thought this one was pretty cool looking.
 I love the coral you can see in the water (all those dark shapes under the water). And just now, while looking at this picture, I can almost see the curve of the earth.
 I can't remember the name of this beach, same as above, H...... Bay, it was cool and almost closing time when we got there, 5 pm.
 Another shot of the ocean with rocks and not sandy beaches

 While beach hopping, we stopped and saw this. At this moment, I could feel an overwhelming feeling of love from my Heavenly Father and I truly knew, without a doubt, that my Heavenly Father knows me and loves me.
 The last beach we were able to see what Lanikai Beach, apparently a very famous beach, although not very busy, which is AWESOME! It's right in the middle of a residential neighborhood. We took a path between homes to get to it. It's a beautiful beach, white sand, and the picture of paradise!
These islands reminded me of the Twin Buttes I used to see every time we drove to Idaho to visit my grandparents so I had to take a picture of them for my own sake.
 Mike on Lanikai
 Me on Lanikai
 I had to get a shot of our feet in the water
 A SELFIE--many were taken, some were good
 The moon was up on our walk back to the car and I really wanted a picture of the moon and palm trees...this was the best one.

No comments: