Saturday, May 2, 2009

So we pull up to a stop light and who is next to us?

That's right! Mike and I were on a last minute date, thanks Kristen, and we pull up to the stop light on State and University Parkway and I'm looking around, don't we all do this at a stop light? I look to my right and then quickly turn to Mike and ask, "Is that Elder Holland right next to us?" He takes a quick peek and then says, "That's the kind of car they all drive." We look back over, not gawking, and he waves to us. We were so excited and we waved back. It was so fun to see him out and about with his family, on a family night out in Orem, Utah, just chillin'. I was on a high for the rest of the night!

5 comments:

Anne and Wayne said...

Did you tell Kristen about this when you got back to our house? I hadn't heard a thing! How fun.

Grandma Grace said...

Sometimes we forget that they are just human too. How fun.
GG

Audrey said...

That is awesome! I would have been smiling all night too.

Catherine said...

That's so fun, Karen. That would have made my night, too!

Marcia said...

How cool is that? My friend lives in Provo Canyon and Pres. Monson has a cabin on their street. I'm just hoping that one of these days when I'm up there I'll actually run into him.