Monday, June 8, 2009

CRASH

Yesterday we were at my parents' house for Sunday dinner and before dinner Ethan was outside playing with Mattison, Isabel, Meg and a few neighborhood boys. When dinner was ready, he went running, or so I think, I wasn't there but I know Ethan. He must have tripped on his shoe or a bump in the sidewalk because I heard him come into the house, being carried by Mike, crying and screaming. I knew that was a cry of "I'm hurt" not "Quit bugging me, Meg!" I went to see what was wrong and he had blood on his face and Mike had blood on his hand (from carrying Ethan, Mike was outside too but you all know how hard it is to stop a kid from falling). All Ethan wanted was a cold washcloth to suck on and some purple medicine (children's tylenol). As soon as he got the purple medicine, he said, "But it still hurts!" We tried to explain that it will take just a few minutes to feel better. I held him for a few minutes and then it was back off to the races. After a pudding cup though. (I figured he would like something nice and soft.) About an hour later, he was back in the house because he was climbing and playing in Mom and Dad's new cool swingset and he hit his head. Luckily there was no damage there. This morning, he has a fat upper lip, looking kind of like a monkey, and he won't eat. It's after 11 and he's only had a bite or two of applesauce. He did some damage to some teeth too. Poor kid! His two front teeth are jagged and look bad. Hopefully, they will feel better soon and after eating normal foods again they will not be so jagged! And I am really hoping that there isn't any lasting damage to his mouth or teeth!

4 comments:

Nathan Toone said...

Brenda's actually at the endodontist right now getting Cassidy's tooth fixed that she broke in half by falling at school...

No fun. :(

B Flat Major said...

I'm so sorry! Rebecca chipped each of her two front teeth when she was one in two separate falls. I took her to a pediatric dentist and he said to not worry about it unless the teeth were cutting up the tongue or inside of her mouth. When they're baby teeth, there's not a lot to do that's worth all the money and trauma to the kid, I guess.

Condolences!

Audrey said...

OH man! What a day! I am glad everything turned out ok. I hope he is more interested in eating and feels better!
What a scary feeling for a mom.... these cute little boys could make us a little crazy!

Grandma Grace said...

When Tommy was little Gary hit him in the mouth with a sledge hammer (it was an accident). It pushed his teeth back into the gums. But they came back down and he was all right other than a very fat lip. It is amazing what they live through. Sorry, Ethan
GG