Saturday, June 13, 2009

The good, the bad, and the ugly

The good
Ethan is such a good sleeper. This kid will go right to sleep when I put him to bed and has for over 3 years now. There was a little while where he was just barely into his big boy bed that he decided he'd climb out of bed just because he could. But now, it doesn't matter when I put him to bed at 8 (the time I shoot for for bed time) or 8:30 (the time it usually is when he goes to bed), he is out like a light FAST! I am hoping that his good sleeping habits rub off on his baby sister.

The bad
Did you know that when you reach 35 weeks prego that everything is uncomfortable. I don't remember this when I was pregnant with Ethan. I just can't get comfortable. At night in bed, during the day sitting, even with my feet propped up, I just can't get comfy! Even when I am so tired from my day, I just can't get into a position that I can fall asleep! It's really hard to try to get out of bed to pee too. I sometimes feel like I should nudge Mike and ask him to push me out of bed. I'm not sure I can get him awake though. Ethan must get his good sleeping from his dad.

The ugly
Not much fits me anymore. Not even my underwear! And I keep thinking, "Do I really need to run to the distribution center to get new underwear that will fit for only 4 more weeks?" My answer, suprisingly, is, "NO!" I have a few maternity stuff that is huge, thanks to my friends and family, so if you see me in the next 4 weeks and I look funny, just remember, I just don't care that much anymore!

2 comments:

Aim said...

Hang in there! I hate being uncomfortable! I remember when Christian used to kick my ribs and that nerve(siatic sp?), anyway you are almost there!

B Flat Major said...

Oh, hang in there! I have so been where you are. Don't buy new undies. Do borrow the clothes I am bringing you tomorrow.

When I got to 36 weeks with this last pregnancy, one day a week I would have a meltdown and tell Nathan I couldn't do it anymore. I would cry, he would [try to] comfort me, and then...I would still be pregnant. I had a blessing each of those weeks, and I would just hope I would start contracting as soon as it was over. But I didn't.

I'm not much good for the next couple of weeks because I've got a pretty tight schedule, but if you are still pregnant the first week of July, maybe we'll go get ice cream and help your clothes fit even LESS! :-)