Monday, June 22, 2009

An ode to Mike, by Ethan

Yesterday we went to my parents' and sister's ward for church because Mike is out of town for the weekend. Ethan was given some questions about his dad and I thought they were so funny and cute that I should share them-here goes...

My dad is great because...he plays with me
I like it when my dad...plays ninja turtles
My dad can do many things. I think he's best at...walking
My dad loves to laugh. I like to make him happy by...doing anything
My dad is smart. He even knows...how to lift up heavy things

Ethan really loves his dad and has missed him while he's been gone. When he hears a car pull up outside our house or a car door slam, he runs to the window to see if it's Mike. When I fix dinner and tell him it's dinner time, he will, again, run to the window and say he's going to look for dad to come home. (That is one of our daily things we do about 5.) Hurry home, Mike. We miss you and love you.
Happy, belated, Father's Day!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I've always noticed how good Mike is at walking. Hope he gets home safely and that you eat lots of Mac and Cheese and watch lots of girl movies in the meantime.

B Flat Major said...

I've always thought Mike was an excellent walker. It's lucky he has that to fall back on if he ever needs another career.

Thought of you guys during our two hour layover in Minneapolis-St. Paul today! (Our flights were much smoother than yours. Not to gloat or anything.)