Saturday, July 4, 2009

Nesting?

I am just a few days away from having this baby and shouldn't I been cleaning like mad? I remember when I was pregnant with Ethan, I dusted my apartment twice a week, on top of making sure the kitchen and bathroom were clean and that the carpet was vacuumed and the tile floors were swept. But right now, all I really feel like doing is putting my feet up and reading a book. I did break down and clean my kitchen, but only the counters and sweeping the floor. The floor really needs to be mopped but I just don't have the motivation to do it, even though it's so easy. I haven't dusted in I won't say how long and I don't have a desire to dust. I wonder if there is a way I can guilt Mike into cleaning the house while I am in the hospital with the new baby....

I am very excited that I am going to have a new baby soon and I will try to remember to ask Mike to bring his laptop to the hospital so that come Thursday noon, there will be pictures of our new baby girl!

4 comments:

Grandma Grace said...

When I was in the hospital with John Gary got a floor polisher and did our whole apartment (we didn't have carpets.) Heck, let Mike do it.
GG

Lois said...

When my mom was in the hospital with Don, Grace and Seth stayed with my Aunt Lois. Dad fixed us Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup and then showed us how to wash the dishes fast after eating soup. He took us and our soup bowls over to the sink and sprayed them with really hot water--viola! Clean! I thought it was really cool. You should have seen your Grandma's face when I told her this story! She about fainted.

Julie said...

Nesting is a relative term. I always pictured it more like a big bird sitting in a nest on her egg, just relaxing and waiting. No mopping required. Hey - your egg needs you more than that floor does, right?
Good luck, and we can't wait to meet your little chick.

Audrey said...

Karen I am getting sooo excited for you guys! Having a little girl is sooooo much fun! Of course I adore my boys, but dressing a girl and seeing them melt their daddy's heart is so AWESOME! She is going to be such a beauty too! Did ya decide on a name yet? Isn't it between Emma and Addie? I love both but I really like Addie with Ethan! Good luck!