Saturday, July 11, 2009

A quick update

What a great and tiring few days it's been. I am hanging out in the hospital until tomorrow morning and Emma is doing well. She is a little jaundice and has been under the billi lights since yesterday morning. Her billi count is going down and the pediatrician says she should be good to go home tomorrow with me. Now, we really hope we don't have to put her under the lights at home, but if we do, I guess there isn't a way around it, right? She's perfect otherwise.

My room only has a VCR so my mom, being as awesome as she is, sent some VHS movies for me to watch. There are a few channels on the TV but I really miss my HGTV.

Before I checked in to the hospital, I got some new smelly lotion and body wash. I always feel better when I smell good. I got and brought Bath and Body Works newest scent, Butterfly Flower. It smells fantastic and I have gotten many compliments today. The housekeeping lady said she could smell it in the hall outside my room. Anyone looking for a good scent, there ya go.

I know this is a boring post, especially because there are no pictures, but I have more to come. Ethan has warmed up to Emma and I have a few good pictures of them and I hope to get more once she is home. Thank you to all of you for your love and support at this time in our lives!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I too, love the butterfly flower sent. It is a very nice smell. Glad you guys are doing great.

Unknown said...

Our room only had a VCR, too! Jared had to go dig up some VHS movies at Blockbuster to keep us occupied. I'll have to try butterfly flower for sure! Amazing what smelling good can make you feel like!

Audrey said...

Karen and Mike, she is BEAUTIFUL! How very exciting to have a baby and to be DONE with being pregnant! I usually love my stay at the hospital but with Mia, I couldn't wait to get home and get on with it!
Congrats and can't wait to see more pictures!

Janae&DonovanLott said...

I'll have to go check out Bath and Body Works. Hope all is well. We will stop by and see the baby soon.

bryceandjamie said...

Congrats on your new adorable baby girl Emma!! She is so pretty and I hope you'll get to take her home without the lights. Thanks for the tip on the lotion.