Saturday, May 1, 2010

Bye bye job #2

Mike has officially worked his last night at
There are a few things that I will miss but more that I won't miss.
I will NOT miss
*Rushing through dinner so that I can clean it up while the kids play after Mike leaves the house.
*Eating dinner at 5
*Making sure dinner is ready and on the table at 5 so when Mike gets home from job #1 he can eat and run
*That nasty smell of pizza. On him, on his clothes, in my coat closet, in the car...I think you get that I won't miss the smell of pizza. It used to not bother me until I got pregnant with Emma a year and a half ago. I can't be around the smell or the pizza any more.
*And then there is this... This is how I have felt for the last 9 months every night Mike works. Those nights are AWFUL! I will NOT miss those stressful nights.
There are 2 things that I will miss however
*Jammie party with just me and the kids. I think this was the way that I would cope with the stress and try not to worry about keeping the kids occupied. We put on our jammies at 6 and watch a movie while eating treats.
*And THIS...
Oh, how I will miss the cinnapie that Mike would bring home, for FREE, after his shift. We would enjoy it while enjoying either our latest Netflix or the newest on the dvr.

I am very grateful to have a husband that is willing and able to get a second job so we can have what we need sot that I don't have to leave the kids and go to work, but I am even more grateful for that coming to an end...
BYE BYE PAPA JOHN'S!

4 comments:

Anne and Wayne said...

You can still have jammie parties. I think Mike would enjoy them, too. I'm glad he has been willing to work an extra job to earn a little extra money, but I am even gladder that he will be home more.

Grandma Grace said...

It is hard to believe that the smell of pizza would get to you. Glad you will have your husband back.
GG

Sara said...

That is great news! I know just what you mean about the stress when your husband is working a second job and gone so many evenings. It is tough. That is wonderful that you don't have to deal with that anymore!

Celeste said...

Yeah! I'm glad he's done too. What a great guys to sacrifice so much for his family. And I'd miss that cinnapie too! Looks yummy! But I understand about the smell of pizza. You remember Andy Burton? (I don't like to remember that time in my life very much) He worked at pizza hut, and I hated that smell!

Ps. Would Wednesday be bad. The weather may be better then on Thurs. E-mail me and hopefully I can decide by tomorrow!