Saturday, April 5, 2008

100 things you may, or may not, know about me!

1. Like my mom and sister, I don't have a middle name.
2. I went to a Backstreet Boys concert, an 'NSYNC concert, with a KISS concert in the middle.
3. The fist time I flew, I was 20, and I flew sitting backwards.
4. I love Sesame Street.
5. I don't like chocolate cake.
6. I do, however, love chocolate.
7. I lived in the same house until I got married.
8. I would love a house full of boys!
9. I bought myself a piano for Chirstmas.
10. I played the piccolo in the marching band.
11. I lost 20 pounds that summer.
12. I have met 4 olympic athletes, 2 wrestlers and 2 gymnasts.
13. I collect Box Tops for my nieces.
14. I always have to have lotion on my hands, they hurt if I don't.
15. My 10 year high school reunion is this spring.
16. I always have diet Dr. Pepper in my house.
17. I was very excited when the new first presidency of the church was announced.
18. I love the fall and putting on my sweaters.
19. I never dry my jeans, I'm paraniod they'll shrink.
20. I am very picky about my house and how I clean it.
21. Mike called "dibs" on me when he met me through his friend.
22. I started to fall in love with Mike on our second date.
23. That was the date that Mike wanted to kiss me for the first time, but I wouldn't let him because I was scared.
24. I cut and highlighted my hair to spite a former boyfriend.
25. I still have all the love notes my first boyfriend wrote me.
26. I love to go to Lake Powell.
27. I love to water ski.
28. I've never been able to get up on one water ski.
29. While at Lake Powell, one of my favorite activites was cliff jumping.
30. I used to scream everytime I jumped off the top of our house boat.
31. I've never been snow skiing.
32. When I first went to BYU, I majored in English because I wanted to be just like my high school english teacher.
33. I graduated from BYU in Marriage, Family, and Human Development.
34. It took me 4 1/2 years to graduate.
35. When I graduated from BYU, I was one class and a few tests away from getting my ASL interpreter's license.
36. My dream job is teaching preschool to deaf preschoolers.
37. I taught preschool for 5 months at Timpanogos High School after I graduated.
38. I didn't go back that fall because there was a preschooler who was mean and hit me.
39. I was on the "naming committee" for Timpanogos High School.
40. I love country music.
41. I worked at HUR Jewelers for over 3 years and only quit because I was having a baby.
42. I can put my flute up my nose.
43. Just like my dad and Kristen, I can pop my ears.
44. My nostrils are triangle shaped.
45. I have never broken a bone.
46. I was on band council in high school.
47. I was on Seminary Council.
48. I was in the English Society in high school.
49. My favorite Disney movie growing up, and still is, Sleeping Beauty.
50. I am a convert to Hannah Montana.
51. I was nominated for Homecoming queen.
52. I get very sick on the tilt-a-whirl.
53. When I went on the white rollercoaster at Lagoon for the first time, I yelled, "MOMMY!" the whole time.
54. I got a blanket from my grandma for my 3rd birthday that I still use.
55. I worked at a law office for 6 months.
56. I worked at Kid to Kid for a year and a half and was promoted to buyer when I'd been there for only 3 months.
57. I have been craving pizza every week for that last few months.
58. I can't eat a salad for a meal. I have to have some kind of other substance with it.
59. I lived in Bakersfield, CA for 4 months.
60. I don't miss Bakersfield, but I miss my friends and ward there.
61. When I was in elementary school, I wanted glasses.
62. I didn't get glasses until I was in the 8th grade.
63. I ran for junior class officer in high school.
64. I suffered through "Pride and Prejudice" because I was with a boy.
65. I have all 7 seasons of Gilmore Girls.
66. Avocados make my lips swell and tingle, but I still eat them.
67. I HATE seafood.
68. I took dance at BYU for 7 years in the Children's Creative Dance Program.
69. I took piano lessons for 8 years and had 2 different teacher.
70. My first flute teacher was Kristen.
71. I played percussion in the band when I was in 7th grade.
72. I hate running/jogging.
73. I had no labor with Ethan.
74. I love to make cookies just so I can eat the dough.
75. I really enjoyed playing in the band.
76. I tried out for the school musical when I was in Jr. High.
77. Besides Bryan, I am the youngest cousin on the Lott side of the family.
78. I went to "Stomp Out Loud" last year with Mike.
79. My first doll was named Carla and she is still used and loved by my nieces.
80. I wanted twin Cabbage Patch dolls.
81. I got them for Christmas but found out about 5 years ago that "Santa" got them separately and not in a twin set.
82. I collect shot glasses from all over.
83. I have a collection of rings from all over the world that my dad brought back from his travels.
84. I hate digital cameras.
85. I don't have a cell phone, and I don't want one.
86. I can't stand cats!
87. I was dumped on my birthday.
88. I am always cold.
89. My favorite place to get french fries is JCW's.
90. My best friend growing up was Katie Howe.
91. I won a $100 savings bond when I was in the 8th grade.
92. I have been on the radio.
93. I played in a flute quintet my junior year in high school and we got a I (one) in region and state.
94. I fell off the upper level of the gym at MVHS when I was 18 months old. There are now blue gates there to prevent other kids from falling.
95. The first and last boy I kissed was named Mike.
96. I love to spoil Ethan.
97. I swam in a pool with a huge shark tank in the middle of it.
98. I love my family.
99. I love my Savior and the gospel and everything about it.
100. I love Mike.

12 comments:

Andrea said...

I learned about 99 new things about you! Great idea for a post! BTW, our high school reunion is scheduled for August 16th, so technically it is in the summer. Do you think you'll go?

Bret&Amberly said...

These were fun things to learn about you, hope you are doing well, we miss you you and your cute family!
Bret and Amberly

Megan said...

I love these posts because I've learned so much about you and Kristen and everyone. I also hate drying my blue jeans!

Clarissa Wilstead said...

holy hannah that's the looooooooooooooooooooooooongest survey ever! hope you're doing fabulous!

Unknown said...

that was awesome, I loved learning so much about you! but seriously who doesn't like chocolate cake ?!?!? :D

Julie said...

I don't like chocolate cake either. I am impressed that you don't have a cell phone. I think I should get rid of mine because I have started talking on it in the car and I always swore I'd never do that.
I loved hearing some new things about you and being reminded of some old ones. Thanks for writing them!
Also, why did you fly sitting backwards?

Janae&DonovanLott said...

Wow, Karen. I didn't realize that you WERE the whole Seminary Council (see #47). Quite impressive...or a typo??

Also, have you broken the news about your conversion to that Montana religion to Mom & Dad yet? They may cut you out of the will. Dibs on whatever you were going to get (before Kristen pipes in).

By the way, pretty cool questionnaire!

Kristen said...

I am so sorry about the cabbage patch dolls. I think I was the one who had to break you the news. Also,Carla needs a new hair do.

Catherine said...

Yea! I also love to make cookies just so I can eat the dough! So
fun to learn more about you, Karen. I think I knew 20 to 30 of those facts already, like the ones about the Backstreet Boys concert, the lotion, Dr. Pepper, playing the flute, cliff jumping, etc., but I never knew that Mike called "dibs" on you. That's so cute!

Catherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Audrey said...

That was sooo fun!! I want to do that one.... may take me awhile though.
I loved how you said you would like a house full of boys! Sounds fun/crazy!!!
Thanks for taking the time to enlighten us with these fun facts...it was fun!!

Joy said...

That was super cute. I would love a house full of boys too.....oh wait I already have one ;)...I would love to have more actually. Who needs girls?;)