Wednesday, April 16, 2008

White trash?

When we moved into our house in August, it had been very neglected. Slowly, and I mean SLOWLY, we are trying to make our house, and yard, look better. Mike and my dad have been cutting down the very overgrown lilac bushes in the backyard. They haven't quite gotten to the point where they can haul them away, Saturdays have been too busy lately. Yesterday it was very windy here and when I came home from Stacey's, this is what I found in my backyard.

That is our very worn out, very rundown shed that we don't use. Yup, upside-down! See what I mean about our backyard being a mess? Luckily, we have a big backyard and this is only part of the yard. Anyone have a truck we can use to haul all this junk away this weekend? I guess we'll be hauling the shed away too. When I saw the shed like this, I called Mike to tell him that we better get rid of it because it was upside-down. He didn't understand what I meant. It took me a good 2 minutes to try to get through to him that the shed was upside-down. I don't think he really believed me until he came home and saw it for himself. I wish I could have seen the shed blow over though. That would have been quite the sight.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Email Bryan with a picture. Maybe he will take sympathy on you.

Grandma Grace said...

I think that perhaps it would have stressed you more to see it blow over. Sorry, but I guess that is a good way to finally decide to get rid or it.
GG

Audrey said...

HOLY MOLY! It reminds me of the time growing up (in the windy state of idaho) one of our neighbors trampoline went about a 1/4 of a mile down a field and went through someones roof!!
I am glad you guys weren't out there to get hi!! If ya don't find anyone with a truck I can ask Lester if he would come over and help out!!