Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hannibal and Glumda

Saturday night Mike and I went to a How to Host a Murder party at our friends' house. It was the first time for both of us and it was a Halloweeny one. We had dinner that was fresh veins topped with eyeballs and guts (spaghetti and meatballs), brain (blue jello with cottage cheese and bueberries on top), garlic bread, juice, and the best trifle you will ever have, complete with a chocolate spiderweb on top and a spider to top it all off. Dinner was great and then we played the game. I was Glumda, the Wicked Witch of DePressed and Mike was Hannibal Schecter, "the world's only documented kosher cannibal." We dressed the parts and even painted our faces, aren't we lovely?
( I will not disclose who was the murderer, just in case anyone plays this version!)

8 comments:

B Flat Major said...

I'm jealous! I've always wanted to play How to Host a Murder. It sounds like fun.

Janae&DonovanLott said...

Sweet costumes!! So where does a kosher cannibal go to obtain food anyways? Must be a very popular place, I am sure.

Kristen said...

You guys are freaky!

Chelle said...

How fun! Those have always looked like a fun way to spend an evening. You guys look great in your costumes!

Unknown said...

You guys looks awesome! We are headed to one next Saturday. It is a western with Joe being the coroner and I am a hotel owner. It is hard to come up with good costumes though. I love yours!

Aim said...

FABULOUS! Just FABULOUS! Yea for Halloween costumes!

Anne and Wayne said...

Karen, I think you should have this picture made up and put on your Christmas card. Ha ha You looked great.

Marcia said...

Hey! So I see you are expecting! Congrats. I hope you are feeling ok. You haven't blogged in forever. What gives? I miss the ward already.