Thursday, October 30, 2008

Reverent t-rex

Tonight, just like every night, before putting Ethan to bed, we knelt next to his bed for a prayer. We have to remind Ethan, not every day, but frequently, that he should fold his arms. His big toy t-rex is there next to where he kneels and he grabs him and makes sure his arms are folded too. It's too cute. I have to say that Ethan has always loved to pray and will often remind me to say a prayer at lunch after his lunch is in front of him. He's learning to pray by himself too. He misses the whole "thank thee" and "bless" or "we ask thee" thing, but he sure has the first and last parts down. Hopefully he'll learn before he starts primary next year. (It's hard to think that I will have a Sunbeam in just a few months!)

4 comments:

Catherine said...

I know what you mean, Karen. Emily will be a Sunbeam, too. How crazy that our little 3 year-olds will be with the big kids! I like that Ethan's T-Rex has to be reverent and sitting right next to Ethan during prayer. That is pretty cute of him.

Kristen said...

I forget that Ethan is going to be a sunbeam like Meg. How fun is that going to be?

bryceandjamie said...

That's great--a sunbeam & a reverent T-rex :)

Julie said...

lol - Jackson makes his Teddy fold his arms too. It is funny! I also can relate to the sunbeam thing. They grow up too fast!