Sunday, November 2, 2008

Same costume a year later

Last year Mike's mom bought Ethan a really cool dragon costume for Halloween. Well, this year I tried it on him and it still fit, barely, and somehow I convinced him to wear it again. It was great, now I can take the costume he didn't wear back to the store.
We had a tri-ward trunk-or-treat and Ethan had a blast. He got lots of candy. After that, he and I went to Wendy's for some chicken and fries, Ethan's favorite. Mike had to work that night delivering pizzas and while we missed him, he did come home with nearly $100 in tips! He would have broken the $100 mark but his last delivery stiffed him. The total was $14.99 and he got a whopping 1 cent tip!
Here is Ethan showing off his cool costume...
I think he was excited to go fill up his bucket with candy.
Just a side note, this is the pumpkin that I used to use when I went trick-or-treating. Did you use it too Donovan, Kristen, or Bryan?



4 comments:

Unknown said...

that is so awesome he got to wear it again! what a cute little monster. my girls are begging for theirs togo int he dressup box so I know they wont be usable again next year ;D

Kristen said...

Hello-- mom and dad did not buy pumpkins for me and Donovan. We had to use bags. I mean, dad used to make my witch hat from poster board every year. You and Bryan got to be the "cool" kids with your plastic pumpkin to get candy. I like Ethan's costume. Don't you love it when you get more than one use out of it?

B Flat Major said...

Hey, there's no shame in using a costume two years in a row. Cassidy and Braden have both done that, and I was surprised at how little convincing it took.

How much do people usually tip Mike the Pizza Guy? I'll tell you a secret...I actually didn't know you were supposed to tip the pizza delivery man until 3 or 4 years after we got married. Nathan was mortified! So, be patient with all those ignorant 1 cent tippers, because I used to be one!!!

Anne and Wayne said...

Hey, Kristen, I did not buy that pumpkin for someone to use for trick-or-treating. Somebody got a Happy Meal in it. Of course I would have got you one if they had had Happy Meals in pumpkins when you were the age to still go out trick-or-treating. I really can't remember when we got that old pumpkin. And you were cool, too, even if you had to use a bag to get your candy in.