Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hate mopping?

I sure do! The thing I hate the most is that it just takes so darn long for the floor to dry! I take my rugs, garbage can, and 4 chairs out of the kitchen and they sit in the living room for nearly 45 minutes before I can put them back, sometimes I can't stand it, so I put them all back in when the floor isn't completely dry. (But don't tell my mom!) Well, I found out my mop bucket got a hole and I've always wanted to to try the swiffer wetjet so I took this opportunity to buy one. And while they are not cheap to buy and you have to buy those darn replacement pads, I love it. It feels like a waste of time to take all my chairs, rugs, and garbage can out of the kitchen just to mop. By the time I'm done with the kitchen floor, moved on to the bathroom floor and come back, the kitchen floor is dry and ready to be put back together. I love it, and just to see, I check the disposable pad and it is gross! Though I have a friend who says she'd go through 2 just to see how dirty she could get the second one, and then think about a third! Eww! Now if you are Janae and have tile all through your house, this may not be practical, but if you only have a kitchen and bathroom or two and hate mopping, this is my suggestion!


4 comments:

Hcatt and Jdogg said...

I found your blog from Pearson's when I was leaving them a comment! I hope you don't mind :) I love the Swiffer mop!!! Let me know if you find any deals on the replacement pads. I want to tell you how much I appreciate you watching my kids! I owe you! Please let me know if I can ever watch Ethan for you (free of course). My kids loving coming to play with Ethan!

Catherine said...

I don't love mopping either, but I love how my wood floor looks afterwards. I do love vacuuming though. I feel like I get a good work-out, and I like seeing the vacuume lines in the carpet. Weird, huh?

Audrey said...

When we lived in Wisconsin one of our neighbors gave us their wet jet and I too am a fan! They have stuff for hardwood floor and I have NEVER spent more than 15 minutes shinen up our kitchen floor! And hey, apparantly it smells like the ocean which is good too!

Janae&DonovanLott said...

My mom actually bought me a mop that resembles the swiffer mop. She found it at the UT fair. It has a velcro rag that attaches to the bottom. You can wash the rag for the next time you mop. It works great.