Thursday, September 10, 2009

Doctor check-up

Ethan and Emma both went to the doctor today. I told Ethan he wouldn't be getting any shots, but while we were there, they offered me a flu shot for him. I called our insurance company and they said they'd cover it and while I was there to get it, so we did. I told Ethan that he would be getting a shot but if he was brave, I'd get him a blue slushy from Sonic! He took the bait and talked me into giving him a pack of smarties too! He did jump and cry when he got the shot, but was okay after a minute or two. Emma was next with shots, three! She yelled a lot louder than Ethan did. The nurse, smart lady, gave Ethan his shot first so he wouldn't freak out too much when Emma cried and think it was going to be really horrible.
Ethan weighs in at just under 40 lbs! And is just over 40 inches tall! Emma has grown too. She is 23 inches long but her weight isn't to great for her height, 9 lbs 7 oz. The doctor is a little concerned about that and has asked me to give her more formula, and more formula to water ratio, and start her on cereal. Giving her both one to two times a day. There is a test that the doctor would like to be done, but I've been told not to worry too much about it, yet so until I get the test results, I'll not worry any of you either.
When we were taken back to our exam room, we were lucky to get the dinosaur room. Anyone who knows Ethan knows his love of dinosaurs. He was so excited to see 2 triceratops heads on the wall and a t-rex bust! And a dinosaur mural on another wall and the rest of the walls covered with pictures of kids in dino costumes! I love that room too. Ethan hasn't been in it since his 2 month check-up! It was great to see that room again, especially when there was a surprise shot!

3 comments:

B Flat Major said...

Ethan is a tank! He and Becca are the same age, but she only just hit 30 pounds. Oh well, at least he can be big and strong and always weigh more than his wife later on when they get married. :-)

Mary said...

I had a mother come in who needed her blood drawn this week... she and her kid had just gotten their flu shots. But the kid was still wigging out. Way to go Ethan for handling it so well!

Unknown said...

Ethan and Emma are so cute! Don't ya just love the Dr?:) At least you got the dinosaur room! Rachael was always really small for her age too. She was in the 0 %. they told me to mix oil and stuff with her rice cereal. Yuck, I didn't do it. BUt anyways good luck let me know what the Dr. says. Hope that everything is going good! Also Ethan needs to come over for a playdate sometime!