Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Good news

When Emma's doctor told me to up her formula powder to water ratio and add cereal to her diet, he also asked me to go get an EKG done on her. That scared me! He had a patient that wasn't gaining weight and they found that it was related to his heart. I wigged out because I really didn't want anything to be wrong with her heart. The doctor called last night and this morning with up dates on the EKG. Turns out, I just have a small baby, the no gaining weight thing is not related to her heart! Yippee! He did say to keep beefing up her formula and keep feeding her cereal, which she loves as can be seen in the pictures from my last post. And last night when I put the bib on her before her second bowl of cereal, she smiled and "giggled" and started kicking her legs, she's so excited for rice cereal!!

4 comments:

Grandma Grace said...

I am sure she is all right. Some babies are just smaller. Ask Stacey and Carolynn. You're a good mom.
GG

B Flat Major said...

High octane formula and cereal did the trick for Rachel. Emma will get bigger soon!

Janae&DonovanLott said...

When I was pregnant with Jyllian, I was on an emotional roller coaster. The doctor wanted all kinds of tests done, but it wouldn't have changed anything. She's fine and I had to wait twenty weeks to know that.

Celeste said...

She has chunky cheeks Karen. All of my kids have been way under on the weight scale. I have a very stong opinion about doctors saying babies are too small. I think most babies now days are too chunky and have made the charts too high. I'm glad she likes cereal, but don't worry too much about the number on the scale. She looks good. Thats all that matters!