Tuesday, May 4, 2010

10 on Tuesday

My mom has been doing this for a few weeks and I thought I'd join in, for this week at least...
10 things I learned from my mother
1. To clean my house a little each day to avoid cleaning the whole thing in one day!
2. How to make a bed...some people I know need to learn this one (no names mentioned)
3. How to be a good mom
4. To take my kids to church, even when I don't get anything from the meetings
5. How to iron a dress shirt, this has come in handy for Mike's shirts he wears to work!
6. How to sew...this is still a work in progress
7. How to cross stitch aka how to relieve stress
8. How to cook, I'm sure Mike is grateful for this one
9. Chinese food isn't all bad
10. It doesn't matter what song you sing to your child and make one up if you have to.
Happy Mothers' Day, Mom!
I love you!

3 comments:

Anne and Wayne said...

Karen, Thank you for that sweet list. You're a great daughter, and I love you!

Grandma Grace said...

I am amazed that children love to hear their mothers sing, even when we know we can't sing well. And they especially love to hear you make up songs about them.
GG

Celeste said...

I love this Karen! I need to do that for my Mom. She doesn't keep up on my blog much, so maybe I'll e-mail it to her! Thanks Karen and Anne for the idea!