Tuesday, May 18, 2010

10 on Tuesday

10 inventions that have made my life easier
*Some of you may laugh at these, they tell my age, but some of you will agree because you are my age!*
1. The internet-ie emails and blogs.
2. Infant car seat-ours is used at church for those rare times that Emma falls asleep.
3. Disposable diapers-how did you do it Mom? I hated washing dirty underwear out when Ethan was potty training.
4. Baby wipes. I use them all the time not just for messy diapers but dirty hands and to clean my feet off in the summer when I don't want to wash them off in the bathtub after wearing flip flops all day, or no shoes at all.
5. DVR-we never watch live TV anymore.
6. Netflix-so that I can catch up on all those past seasons of shows that I love.
7. Central air--Ahhh (I still don't understand how the family we bought our house from just used the sad, broken ceiling fans and the sad broken swamp cooler in the basement to survive all summer-we bought our house from them in July!)
8. My digital camera
9. My digital picture frame that I can display all those great pictures I take without all those frames.
10. Air planes-otherwise we wouldn't go to Mike's family-there is NO way I will drive 2 full days in a car with MY kids! They'd never last, I wouldn't either!

2 comments:

Anne and Wayne said...

Aren't we glad for what we have today!

Christy said...

How did our parents manage raising us without all these wonderful things? :)