Saturday, July 10, 2010

The morning after...

I survived, my kitchen floor didn't, but I did. I'll tackle the floor after Emma goes down for her nap. Toys are still being played with and loved. The kids were so excited to get up and play with them. They woke up just after 7-very unusual for my kids! It was a great night with family and friends and I had fun! Here are a few pictures from the party!
Emma on her birthday in her birthday girl shirt!
(she looks so old)
So excited to be 1
Here's her cake. I'm not a great cake decorator and I don't really care to be. I have decided that maybe I should get ice cream cakes from Cold Stone for my kids on their birthdays from now on...
Here's the birthday girl opening presents with Daddy.
She had so much fun opening presents and playing with her new toys that when it was time for cake she was very angry...
Still angry and not wanting to blow her candle out, we practiced all day and ishe wouldn't do it!
Not knowing what to do with the cake until...
Dad stepped in to feed it to her
Finally getting that she likes it and that it's okay to eat it all by herself.
"cheese"
She ate her whole piece. Getting quite the appetite as she ages.
All gone and no more...too many loved ones wishing her a happy birthday.
After cake, Emma got to hop back into playing withe her toys and she was happy again!
Best present of all...the couch, at least in Ethan's eyes. Now she won't push him off of his while we have our jammie parties. She'll have her very own!
What little girl doesn't want a little people's doll house?
I just had to get her one!
Thanks to everyone who came or sent happy thoughts to our birthday girl!

1 comment:

Celeste said...

I've also been pretty busy lately! I've missed a lot! Ethan's toothless smile is cute! He'll have it for quite a while, huh. My nephew did the same thing when he was 3 or 4. And happy birthday sweet Emma! We'll be in Nevada till the 25th, but we'll have to have you over when we're back!