Friday, July 30, 2010

Similarities

Ethan and Emma are quite a bit a like.
I have been noticing more every day but here are a few that I wanted to write down so I can remember them.
(ahhh, cute picture of my 2 E's)
*When Ethan was Emma's age he grabbed my chapsick, pulled the lid off and ate what he could. Emma does the same thing. I have started to twist the chapstick all the way down when it's being stored.
*They both LOVE animals!
*They both go to bed at 8! They are ready and need the sleep cause they go right to sleep!
*They both love, love, love books and reading! When Ethan was a year old and would get up in the mornings, he'd grab books and we'd read for half an hour before I'd pry him away so he would eat breakfast. He's still this way.
Emma yells if Ethan is being read to and will only calm down if she is brought up on the lap or next to the reader!
*Being outside=happy kids!!
*DAD! They love it when Dad comes home. They run, Emma as fast as she can go, to the door when the key is inserted in the lock and it turns. Emma brought me the dad from her little people's doll house the other day when Mike was running later than usual and handed it to me. I like to think she was asking about her dad.
*Ugh...at a year both Ethan and Emma pull on my pants, almost pulling them off, while I'm cooking dinner.
*Bath time is the BEST time of the night! Always has been, at least since Emma's umbilical cord stub came off.
*They both will eat Eggo mini pancakes for breakfast every day! Emma will only eat these and it's not been very long since I got Ethan to branch out a little and eat other foods!
*They both, at Emma's age, played and play in the same drawer in my parents' kitchen. The one with the mixing bowls in it. It used to have my mom's glass pie plate in it, one she got for a wedding present, until Ethan broke it 4 years ago! (Still sorry Mom!) Luckily, Emma hasn't broken anything...yet!
*They both have their favorite blanket that has to go everywhere, within reason, with them. Ethan sleeps with it, drags it into the living room in the morning, downstairs to watch tv, and if we go on a trip, you bet it comes too. (Thanks Janae for the awesome "star blanket") Emma has her favorite "fuzzy" blankets. It's a good thing she has 2! They too get dragged EVERYwhere! Church included, just in case she decides to go to sleep--ha ha! yeah right! She rubs it on or under her nose when she is tired. (Thanks to Hiedi and Kylee for the awesome blankets)
I can't wait to see how many more similarities there are that havn't been uncovered yet!!

3 comments:

B Flat Major said...

My kids have been blanket lovers too! Cassie and Braden still sleep with a favorite blanket, though they are each on their 3rd or 4th one by now. Rachel would sit down in her crib in protest if I asked her to leave her blanket behind first thing in the morning. Becca used to get a fringe piece from her fleece blanket and rub it on her eyeball while she was trying to fall asleep. I still can't understand how that would help you relax...but it's a funny memory to have.

Amanda said...

Such cuties!

Catherine said...

I love your two E's. They are sweet and smart little kids.