Thursday, July 1, 2010

Teeth: Monday-Thursday

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Last year Ethan fell and bumped his three top teeth pretty bad! He never complained about them hurting, ever. He went to the dentist 5 weeks ago and the x-rays showed that his roots were very damaged and he had an infection not only in the gum, but in the roots of the teeth. So the best thing to do was to pull them all! That way, the infection won't spread to his permanent teeth.
He did a great job this morning. I opted not to go back into the room with him, I'm too squirmey! But the hygenist and the dentist said he did a great job and was very cooperative.
Before going in to the back to have the work done, he had to have some medicine to make him sleepy, he did oral sedation, sedation given orally but he didn't go in as deep a sleep as he would have with sedation. By the last few minutes he was pretty loopy. When I described it to Mike, he said, "So he was drunk?!" My 4 year old was acting a little drunk.
After the pulling of teeth and he was awake, we came home. As Mike and I were talking to him, he was standing up swaying and his eyes were getting heavy. I asked him if he'd lie down, he didn't want to, but I made him. I put him on the couch to watch a movie. When I asked him if I could get him anything else, he said a snack, I asked him what and he yelled at me! Ethan better never drink, he's a mean drunk!!
He's sobered up now and just hanging out. He seems to be feeling well and is looking forward to going swimming tomorrow!

2 comments:

Emilee Bailey said...

What a little trooper!

Angie said...

Does he get a set of false teeth to get him through til his big teeth come in?
I had that done when I was about his age. Not because of a fall, though. But I had the first six teeth surgically removed from the top and had "dentures" until my adult teeth grew in.
And I hated them and would take a screwdriver to them and pry them off and hand them to my mom. She wasn't too pleased with me for doing that.
Hopefully Ethan will be a little more cooperative with his!
Good luck with everything.