Wednesday, January 7, 2009

May sound crazy but it was great

Last night for our combined YM/YW activity I was in charge and I asked the bishop if there was any service that needed to be done in the ward. He told me that the chairs in the cultural hall were yucky after all three wards that meet in our building had their Christmas parties. He and the first counselor in the bishopric suggested we clean the chairs. Now I know that sounds gross and maybe even that the youth would not even want to show up, but we had 6 YW, a good number of girls that come to activities, and that many more YM and most of the leaders. Man, those youth cleaned, dried, and had all the chairs in the cultural hall done in 25 minutes. And what do you think they did after all the chairs were taken care of? The pulled out the tables and cleaned them. We have a fantastic group of youth and I just want to thank them for their hard work and dedication and non-complaining attitudes! Way to go YM and YW!

No comments: