Monday, January 5, 2009

A mother's favorite sound

Today was my first visit with my doctor. I would have been in to see him sooner, but our new insurance didn't kick in until January 1! I was excited and nervous at the same time. I got to hear the baby's heartbeat and that always makes me a little nervous, just in case, you know. But everything went great. The baby's heartbeat was at 160, about where Ethan's was when I first heard his. I could even hear the baby moving. When there was static, that's the baby moving, according to my doctor.
I have been feeling pretty good. I wasn't for a while. I had some friends tell me to take half a unisom and a vitamin B6 pill. That worked but not completely. I still lost my lunch, or whatever was in my tummy. When I was pregnant with Ethan, I got a prescription of Pyri Dox and that was lovely stuff. I asked for it again, and it didn't matter that I didn't have insurance because insurance won't cover it. It's the best $17 I've ever spent. I feel icky at night time, but I just take a few pills and go to sleep. Ah, the joys of modern medicine. And heaven bless my pharmacist!
My official due date is July 12! (The same day as my great friend's birthday, and if she really wants, I'll even let her name the baby!) Both Mike and Ethan are convinced we are having a boy, I'm not partial to either. I'm just relieved and happy to be pregnant again. I'll take a healthy, happy, perfect baby, just like Ethan was when he was born, boy or girl, makes no difference to me.
That's the update from here for now. I know I've gotten a lot of friends asking so I thought I'd let you all know now that I know there really is a heartbeat attached to the baby growing in me!

11 comments:

Melissa said...

My anniversary is July 12th. But what are the chances of the baby coming on its due date. Anyway, im happy for you guys. Hope all is going well for you guys!

Kristen said...

The only way you'll have it on your due date is if you are scheduled. You know the luck of the Lott ladies...over! Congrats though.

Grandma Grace said...

Sounds good. I am so happy for you.
GG

Catherine said...

That's great news that the baby is healthy! I'm guessing it's going to be a girl. Then you can name her either Esme or Bella! ;)

Janae&DonovanLott said...

I think it's a girl!

B Flat Major said...

I'm the same way with the heartbeat. It makes me feel so much more relaxed after I hear it. I'm sorry you are a sicko - that is :-(. I miss you - I think the last time I saw you in person was that time we went to the park...like 2 years ago?

Anniebanannie said...

That's awesome news! Sorry about the sickness. That is not so awesome. Glad I'm getting over that stage. I'm due in May:)

Aim said...

Karen, I had no idea you were pregnant! Congratulations! My birthday is July 12th, what a great due date. :)

Danny and Michelle King said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Good luck with the pregnancy sickness. Hopefully that will go away soon.

Joy said...

Congrats!!

Unknown said...

Congrads you guys, we are so excited fo you!!!!! We can't wait to hear what you are having and good luck with the sickness. Wish I was there to help with Ethan.