Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bean Museum-Summer 2010

Kristen set up a private show to see some cool animals, ones that are still alive, at the Bean Museum at BYU today. We saw a snake, a turtle, a gecko, and a tarantula named Rosie! (Go fugure, Tina!)
Here is Ethan with the snake, Cuddles!
We found out that a while ago this snake go loose and was wandering, or slithering, around for 2 weeks! No one outside the museum staff was told. He was found in the reptile room under some boards. I would NEVER want to run into this guy outside his cage...ehhh!
Here is Emma with Rosie! She loved the animals and couldn't wait to touch them all.
Mom even held the tarantula!
Brave woman!!
After the show, we hung out and enjoyed the animals that were stuffed!
The last time we were here, I put Emma face to face with this guy and she freaked now look at her...
Like I said, she loves animals and really had a lot of fun. Best thing about this place-it's FREE! Bad thing-it's farther away from us now than it has been since we moved to Cali!

We'll be back again!

5 comments:

Grandma Grace said...

It seems like the kids like to go to the Bean Museum time after time and enjoy it. I hope you went to the creamery afterwards.
GG

Emilee Bailey said...

Fun! Your mom is a brave woman. I would never have touched the thing.

Catherine said...

My mom would literally FREAK out if she saw her sister holding that spider. That is nuts, Karen. It's HUGE! I haven't been to the Bean Museum forever. I love that my Utah County cousins frequent it often because it seems like a really cool place.

Celeste said...

I love the Beane Museum! What a great place for kids huh! And I would never touch that spider! AHH. It's scary just in the picture! How fun for your kids though. I'm glad Emma liked it!

bryceandjamie said...

Don't you love the Bean Museum! That's kind of crazy about the snake though :) Glad they caught it!