Friday, March 28, 2008

Flashback--Mike and Karen

This month is the anniversary of the month that started it all for me and Mike. So to celebrate, I decided to take a trip down memory lane, but just from our engagement and then through our wedding day. Here is the picture that was taken the day Mike and I got engaged. My mom was smart and got silk flowers that look just like these flowers for me to keep forever. They are on my piano now.
Here's our engagement picture.
And then the day finally arrived for us to get married and eat cake. Mike's mom made it and it was yummy. We should have taken some on our honeymoon.
I told Mike to NOT shove the cake in my face, he didn't. He was a gentleman and just gave me some. Thanks Mike! I love you and I'm very happy that I married you!

You'll have to excuse my pictures that I took pictures of, our scanner is still not working.

6 comments:

Grandma Grace said...

Happy anniversary Karen. I'm glad Mike was a gentleman, unlike another cousin's husband.
GG

Anniebanannie said...

Happy Anniversary! I told Joey not to squash the cake in my face MULTIPLE times. He didn't listen. Not one bit. I got him back though. It was not pretty and I'm still bothered about it.

Audrey said...

What a cute couple!!!
Karen, thanks again for watching the boys! I thought I should let you know that during prayers tonight Daws said he "and thankful that we could go to Ethan's". Sorry I didn't come to get them with Lane but I was making Lisa beautiful for her photo shoot!!
Thanks again and again!!
Oh and I liked your hair a lot!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary you too, we are so happy to know you both!!

Julie said...

No fair - you look just as cute now as you did when you got married! Whenever Taylor sees pictures of Jef and I engaged, he tells me Dad looks then same and I look different.

Catherine said...

So Karen, you look really pretty in your engagement picture, but I especially LOVE the pic of you and Mike on the day you got engaged. You're freakin' gorgeous! Those flowers are classy with the reds and yellows. I'm pleasantly surprised that Mike didn't shove the cake in your face on your weddding day. Has he shoved cake in your face since then? :) Wade likes to throw oreos at me or just shove them up my nose (gently of course). We're pretty immature. We should spend more time with you and Mike. I bet you would be a good example to us, but not Julie. She and Jef are quite silly and immature like us, I've heard! j/k Julie!