Friday, August 8, 2008

Girls Camp 2008

This week was Girls Camp and Mike came up to be a priesthood holder, just in case. We had lots of fun. Here we are after we canoed. The girls were jealous because we paddled faster than they did and didn't go in circles. I credit Mike for how fast we went, he was my ancor.
Guess what? There was a zip line and I did it. It was so fun. Unfortunately, my camera has such a slow shutter that all one of my girls got was a blur of me. But that really is me.
Since Mike was helping the girls get situated and secure for the zip line, he was able to go down too. There was one harness that had a handle and we both got it. Looks kind a doofy huh?
We had a good time but I am so tired. The stake kept us up with their program until 10 then we had our ward devotional and got ready for bed. It was late late late. Then had to be up, have breakfast, and ready for a hike and at flag ceremony at 7! The girls were so tired too, they were begging to take a nap right after lunch and begging for bed by 9! I had to come home after testimony meeting the last night but the girls are all home and I am tired and ready for a nap!

5 comments:

Catherine said...

A zipline at Girl's Camp? Awesome! I still think it's so cool that you and Mike could be together during Girl's Camp. How was Ethan's time with grandma while you were gone? I bet he was spoiled and loved it!

B Flat Major said...

I'm glad you got to have such a good time at camp! I remember cursing flag ceremony every morning too - why does it Always have to be SO Early?????

Audrey said...

I was wondering why you were MIA?!? How fun! I bet they are gonna ask you to come back next year cuz I bet you were such a blast!
I am sad we missed you in Idaho! Next time I will have to call you sooner!! I did respond to your email awhile back, did you get that?
What a cool hub to come up to join you and get all involved! FUN fun FUN!

Audrey said...

ps... we will be coming to Utah the first weekend of Sept. Maybe we could meet at the park or something fun???

Anonymous said...

I bet you were the coolest leader at camp! I always loved it when my leaders actually did things with us.