Monday, September 22, 2008

Disclaimer

I have been getting comments on me ironing that I just have to say that Mike has to have a nice, ironed shirt for work. I've tried taking them out of the dryer as soon as it turns off, but even after hanging for a few hours, or days, they are not up to snuff. Mike is also so picky about having his shirts ironed. And yes, he could do it, but he really can't. It takes him 15 minutes to iron one shirt. It's painful to watch. And he has taken a second job, so he really doesn't do much more than shower, eat breakfast (sometimes), and sleep here. Except for Sunday and we don't do much on Sundays anyway. Well, Mike and Ethan nap, I have meetings galore! I'll gladly iron for any of you, for a price!

8 comments:

Anne and Wayne said...

I iron shirts, too. No matter how quickly after the dryer turns off I take them out, I always feel they look sharper after a session with an iron. So, if you feel the same way, go ahead and do it.

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janae&DonovanLott said...

I hate ironing. If you go into my bedroom, you will see a stack of clothes. I eventually get around to it, but I would rather send them to a dry cleaner. Your mom is the world's best iron lady. After she is done, it looks like they came back from the dry cleaner.

Grandma Grace said...

I didn't mean to make you feel badly. My mother used to iron a lot, of course clothes weren't so wrinkle free. She would sprinkle the clothes and then put them into a plastic sack and pull them out one at a time. Occasionally she wouldn't get to the ironing as fast as she should and the clothes would start to mold. She finally got an ironrite and would spend hours in her bedroom using it.
I am just glad it isn't that bad any more. Good for you.
GG

B Flat Major said...

You're a nice wife. Unfortunately, Nathan doesn't value that fresh-pressed look, and since I would be the provider of said fresh-pressed look that he doesn't value, I just whip the wrinkle-free shirts out of the dryer and straight onto the hanger. What is his second job?

Unknown said...

I am with you, I have tried to just hang them and hope for the best but they always need ironing. Poor Joe though, by the time I have ironed 2 dresses, my clothes and Jackson's little shirt and slacks I am just plain old tired and he is on his own. Maybe they should teach ironing in scouts ;D.

Anonymous said...

What's Mike second job?

Jessica said...

A quick pass with the iron makes all the shirts that never quite look good enough, look good enough! I iron all of Dave's shirts and I laughed as I read your post because watching Dave iron is painful too! I can iron a stack of shirts in less than half the time it takes him!