Monday, July 7, 2008

Good day, bad day

Today started out pretty good. Ethan and I read books for an hour! (Off and on a little, but it was an hour before he decided he'd rather watch "Madagascar" before we take it back to the library in a few hours. When he decided to watch a show, I thought, "Great, I can relax and finish laundry, read a book, blog, whatever." Little did I know, my toilet had other plans. It decided to overflow-a lot-when I needed to take care of some business. There was about half an inch of water, nothing too nasty, on my floor. I grabbed every towel I could and threw them on the floor. I then had to get more from my linen closet and mop all the water up. I then decided I better mop my floor with lots of lysol, just in case. It was so frustrating. And here's the pile of towels I need to go wash now!
Yup, I threw them in the tub so now I think I need to scrub that too.
Anyone have any diet DP and a BIG chocolate bar?

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh Crap! That's what I would have said, and then Emmy would say it because she likes to copy me. I would send you chocolate in the mail but it would melt, but you toally deserve some! Good luck with the mess.

Grandma Grace said...

We have lots of chocolate since the Bauer grandparents were just here.
GG

B Flat Major said...

Remember my blogpost about the pioneers? Fortunately, that time it was confined to the toilet. But one time when I was 5 the toilet overflowed on me and I was locked in the tiny bathroom and couldn't get out and I thought a sewer worm had floated up through the toilet to get me. I wouldn't flush a toilet for quite a while (especially those dang loud public monsters!) I call it flushaphobia I hope you don't have flushaphobia now too. Sorry about your bad day.

Audrey said...

YIKES! I hate those moments.... I don't have D.P. but I sure have a D.C.!
Hey, are you guys still coming up to Idaho this summer??

Jessica said...

Sorry Karen. I find myself having a similar kind of day today after my kids have shared the stomach flu. Sometimes I wish they wouldn't share! Cute family. Ethan is super cute. We almost named Caleb that! Glad to have reconnected. We are in Eagle Mountain and glad to be back in Utah.

Unknown said...

Karen, I could not stop giggling at this one. Why is it that these things always happen to moms when there is no hubby around to help clean it up??? ;D You definitely deserve some chocolate!