Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My favorite cookie recipe

Don't these look yummy?
Well, they are and I just had one to prove it. I've had this recipe for a few years now, thanks to Dana and her magazine with lots of fun recipes, also thanks to Jackie Ruckwardt for submitting this recipe. It's so good, I thought I'd share it with you all.
Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies (only I've adjusted it a bit so that's what I'll give you all.)
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2-2/3 cup flaked coconut
1 package of milk chocolate chips
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, on at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the coconut and chocolate chips. Place by spoonfulls on baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 12-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. And ENJOY!
I made these the other day and they disappear so fast. They freeze well too. When you take them out of the freezer and they thaw, they taste just like they were fresh (some things don't taste the same after being frozen). I hope you all enjoy these as much as I do.
I may go have another one right now....

3 comments:

B Flat Major said...

Mmmm. Cookies. A friend of mine gave us cookies a while ago that I couldn't get enough of, so I asked for her recipe, and it was just the same as mine except for Almond Extract! She put in 1/2 tsp instead of part of the vanilla. Try THAT little tweak next time and see what you think!

Janae&DonovanLott said...

I would love to try those cookies. Can you bring them to your mom's house? I will be right over to eat them with my kids.

Jessica said...

Those look so yummy. Thanks for the recipe; can't wait to try them!